"What's your train of thought?"
"The Southwest Chief. What's yours?"
"It's more of a stream."
"Oh."
"A stream of consciousness."
**I said Southwest Chief because of him. Because of North by Northwest, I mean. But you should know that it was actually the 20th Century Limited that he and Eva Marie Saint took. Have I mentioned that you've always reminded me of her? Probably not. Probably not, because it isn't that you really remind me of her, it's that I'd like to encounter you, by chance, on the 20th Century Limited, and, before I learn that you're a no-good-double-crossing-vixen, seduce you, or let you seduce me, or maybe both. It's like I was saying, you know, how trains are romantic, but so are airplanes and cars and ships and bicycles. Transportation is romantic, let's just say. And I don't know if it's because of where you're going or how you're getting there or who you're going to see or who you're going with. But it's romantic, let's just say.
Here's to hoping that my tracks cross a stream sometime.
No comments:
Post a Comment