are young and influenced by the world around them. they have a love/hate relationship with said world, with each other, and with samwise gamgee.
Friday, June 4, 2010
falling
some years ago, in a wal-mart that has since been abandoned, I shopped for white socks and plaid boxer shorts with my mother. it was really just my mother shopping, though, as my brother and I played in the clothing racks, some game that is only familiar to the young. then there was a fall, a big man with brown hair and glasses, who fell straight back and lay on the ground, supine. he grunted on the way down. when he hit the floor, the noise emitted was between a smack and a thump. my brother and I watched, amazed and confused, as staff and customers rushed the scene, shouting directions to each other. we ventured back to our mother and her shopping cart, and argued over who would get to ride the carriage, feet on the front wheel bar, hands gripping the sides.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment